Hosted by ICAP at Columbia University, the Democratic Nursing Organization of South Africa (DENOSA), the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care (ANAC), the International Council of Nurses (ICN), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) and supported by Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson and CDC, at this 2-day meeting, nurses from around the world will convene to celebrate the contribution of nurses and midwives in combating the HIV epidemic. There will be robust discussion on current trends, best practices, issues, and challenges in HIV nursing and midwifery, including topics related to workforce development, regulation, policy, education, and quality of care. Particular attention will be given to developing a priority agenda for HIV nursing workforce strengthening as we aim to achieve UNAIDS 90/90/90 targets.
The event will be held at:
- Saturday 16 July, 8:00am – 5:30pm
Durban International Convention Center (45 Bram Fischer Road, Durban 4001)
- Sunday 17 July, 1:00pm – 5:00pm
Garden Court Marine Parade (167 Marine Parade, Durban 4001)
A Nurses Welcome reception for nursing colleagues and supporters hosted by the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care and partners will be held onSunday 17 July, 5:00pm-7:00pm. Space is limited and separate pre-registration for the reception is required www.nursesinaidscare.org/AIDS2016
To attend, a simple application is required and can be completed via your AIDS 2016 conference profile. The steps are as follows:
- Create a profile or login to your existing profile at profile.aids2016.org.
- Complete or update your personal details.
- At the home page, select the pre-conferences box and navigate your browser to “Click here for pre-conference registration”
- As a scholarship recipient, you will need to enter your participant ID and surname to continue.
- On the next page, please select the box next to NursingHIV 2016.
- A pop-up box will appear. Please click the link to open a new tab in your browser. This is the NursingHIV 2016 application.
- Please complete the fields.
- Click submit.
- The application will be confirmed as submitted. All applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and confirmations issued when you are approved to attend.